Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Gates Carbon Belt drive

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Gates Carbon Belt drive

Postby Ultrafoco » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:22 am

Does anyone know how the gates carbon belt drive equates to standard single speed gearing? For example - what does a 50x24 equate to in normal gearing?

I've become enamored with the idea of building a Belt driven Ti Cyclocross bike.

Appreciate any advice.
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke - Sonny Crockett Miami Vice
Ultrafoco
King of Cobbles '10

Re: Gates Carbon Belt drive

Postby slisk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:10 am

Go to their website on this page:

http://www.carbondrivesystems.com/forbi ... hp?lang=us

Then use the resources section and follow a link for belt and sprocket size calculators. You should be able to easily determine what you want by entering a standard combination. It will also include belt size.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Re: Gates Carbon Belt drive

Postby scooter916 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:23 am

I have a belt drive (love it) and find out my gear ratios the same as with a chain drive, they are just larger numbers, with my 26" wheel 50x25 is 2:1
scooter916
Cat 4

Return to General cycling