Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Dash G.49 Saddle

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Dash G.49 Saddle

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:22 am

pritchet74 wrote:Cdale - your countertops are awesome. Are those all a bunch of little tiles?

The saddle looks sweet. I wish I could get an all-carbon saddle to work for me....

Yeah that is what caught my eye too :o

I was thinking it was a drain system for the plants on top.
But I see drawers & cabs under so i wondered....hahah

Nice saddle to BTW
Mike
Cat 1

Postby CDale09 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:54 am

Mike wrote:
pritchet74 wrote:Cdale - your countertops are awesome. Are those all a bunch of little tiles?

The saddle looks sweet. I wish I could get an all-carbon saddle to work for me....

Yeah that is what caught my eye too :o

I was thinking it was a drain system for the plants on top.
But I see drawers & cabs under so i wondered....hahah

Nice saddle to BTW

Sorry for the late reply....It's indeed a drain system for the plants. ;)
CDale09
Cat 3

Postby drPhilGandini » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:00 pm

I just got a new 51g saddle from Dash. I will post a comparison with the AX Lightness premium Phoenix when I get some miles on the new saddle.
It looks great, with a very fine finish. Initial reaction is that the finish is not the same as AX, however, with some sloppiness where the rails join the saddle.
But let's wait and see if that's purely cosmetic.
dr Phil Gandini
2010 Neo Ultimate
drPhilGandini
Cat 3

Postby Johnny_yutah » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:34 am

drPhilGandini wrote:I just got a new 51g saddle from Dash. I will post a comparison with the AX Lightness premium Phoenix when I get some miles on the new saddle.
It looks great, with a very fine finish. Initial reaction is that the finish is not the same as AX, however, with some sloppiness where the rails join the saddle.
But let's wait and see if that's purely cosmetic.

Can you post pictures of what you call 'sloppiness' ?
Johnny_yutah
Cat 3

Postby drPhilGandini » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Yes, I will. Soon. I just installed the saddle on my Daedelus post, and will see how it settles in. The rails seem to flex a little more than the Phoenix ones, meaning it's hard to get even 4Nm torque on the rail bolts.

As an aside, working with these ultralight saddles and the Daedelus post, I wonder why the rail clamps are outboard of the half-pipe support? It seems that as you sit on the saddle, the rails flex downward, relieving tension off the rail clamps, inviting the saddle to loosen and slip? If the half-pipe support were bigger in diameter and the clamps were inboard of it, sitting on the saddle would increase the tension on the clamps, surely a better outcome?

Phil
dr Phil Gandini
2010 Neo Ultimate
drPhilGandini
Cat 3

Postby Johnny_yutah » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:06 am

Here is mine:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My AX - Apollo Saddle will be on sale in a few days...
Johnny_yutah
Cat 3

Postby Johnny_yutah » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Aesthetically, I prefer the Apollo but so far, the Dash is way more comfortable than my Ax1000 & Apollo.
Very good purchase.
Johnny_yutah
Cat 3

Previous

Return to General cycling