Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (Vicki PICS on Page 16!!!!!)

Postby BMANX » Fri May 13, 2011 2:02 pm

I remember you having those. They did look great. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was getting ride of my Jet 60/90 Combo that I bought off Annie Hed back in the day. They were amazing race wheels and would have looked so great on Danica.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:05 pm

dalai wrote:
BMANX wrote:She looks like she is dressed up for the ball and wearing flip/flops

Victoria wearing flip flops is still super sexy. :wink: And that look is the small price to pay so that pritchet74 still has her in his life (remember he did talk at one point briefly that he may have to let her go :shock: ) it's definitely all good! :applause:

Exactly.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:57 am

Added climbing shifters for the rear derailleur.

Also, switched from the Schmolke bars back to my Ritchey bars. The Schmolke bars were plenty stiff, but the angle of the flat portion of the drops was too steep. When I had my levers positioned for being on the tops, my wrists got sore when in the drops. So, back to the Ritchey and this caused me to go from a 110mm stem to a 130mm stem.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:12 am

MMMMMMMM, those buttons say "S" and "M". Lovely- especially since you're riding her all the time. Spiked cleats, right! :roll:
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby BMANX » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:28 am

Have you never noticed the ladies on either side of him. One on the left is Samantha and the one on the right is Michelle. Victoria is his go to girl. I thought everyone knew that.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:13 am

:party:

Ya, the S and M is now W and S though. I flipped the buttons earlier today. I also purchased the rediculously overpriced PC7 handlebar clamp that will center the computer with the stem. $60 + shipping. That's insane. Also ordered some Michelin latex tubes and Vittoria Open Corsa tires. I blew a hole in my sidewall on Saturday and my tube was punched thru like a butyl bubble ready to pop! Amazingly it didn't burst. I booted it with some duct tape to ride until the new tires arrive next week.

I am also really close to being able to get my hands on some new wheels....
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:36 am

Does that mean you have a spare SRM mount? Looking for one, but they are so expensive, you know? :grin:
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Victoria is going to be a happy mistress very soon. I just ordered some new shoes for her....
:banana:
Last edited by pritchet74 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Do you mean SHOES and are they HED?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Thx, fixed that. Yup, Hed. That's her Prada. A model that she hasn't worn before though. :wink:
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Jet disc front and Ardennes rear!
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:10 pm

:impish:
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:11 pm

New wheels just got here 2 days ago and I was able to go out for a quick 35 miles on them yesterday. I have been on cheap low-profile wheels for what seems like a year. Before that it was H3's, then Jet 6's, and Jet 9's before that. Now I have a set of new Jet 9's that I ordered directly from Hed. I forgot what it is like to ride deep wheels. When motoring along at speed, the wheels just want to track "straight". It was quite windy on the ride though and handling wasn't a problem - I just had to get used to riding them and that took about 5 minutes.

Other than the wheels, I am using Vittoria open tubular slicks - the past 3 years I have used the Bonty clinchers. I think that these are a bit wider, but they were really cheap. The KCNC skewers are back on after 2 years of sitting on the work bench. Also, I have swapped out my front bottle & cage for the Profile Razor aero bottle. I had a discharge when hitting a big railroad crossing - that was on the 1st ride. After that I added a bit of electrical tape to the tabs on the cage and now the bottle is more secure. I just wanted to try something different. So far I like it.

Weight as shown (minus the sack, of course) is 16.5#. The wheels (with the Hed rim strips) came in at 1,960 grams.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (with new shoes on Page 21)

Postby coloclimber » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Love it!
Wheels look fast standing still.
-Enjoy the Ride
coloclimber
Cat 2

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (with new shoes on Page 21)

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 am

gotta love it when anotha brotha gets HED!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling