Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (Vicki PICS on Page 16!!!!!)

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:28 am

So I just got my new (used, but new to me) Schmolke SL handlebars on the bike with a Ritchey 4-Axis stem. I dropped from a 130mm stem on the old Ritchey bars to a 100mm stem with the Schmolke bars. Weight loss was 165g at a cost of $100. Not bad, eh?

More changes to my mistress in the next couple months. New pics when that happens.

I am so happy that I didn't sell her when I thought I was going to. I love her, and we will be together for quite a while. :xBanana1:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fuchs » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:50 am

yep, schmolke bars are nice,
i just orderd an tlo bar from him :)

good that you never sold this bike. would be a shame...
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 am

She's been lacking proper race wheels for the past 6+ months, but this is how my mistress has been looking lately. Late last year I changed the seatpost out for the new-style Cervelo aero post. It has a uni-directional carbon finish and is one piece. The previous one had an allow head on it that was bonded to the 3k finish carbon post. Saddle is a Tune Kom-Vor. I have been on this since last October and it is awesome. Rides up to 3 hours and it's still comfortable. I love it. Changed the bars to some Schmolke carbon bars as mentioned above. Love them the bars. Also, the brake levers have been switched over (as many of you already know) from the original Di2 levers to my Shimagnolo levers, which are Campy Record 10-spd brake levers with the shift buttons attached to the back of the brake levers. I absolutely LOVE my levers. The Campy 10-spd levers are the most comfortable shape I have ever used - and besides, it allows me to get some white hoods on 'em!

I might have some new wheels in a few weeks and if / when that happens I will get pics up. I have decided to go back to a set of Hed Jet 6's.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Wed May 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Hey Bud. What is teh weight of the new seat post VS the old seat post. I think it the weight was a bit less and with my carbon craddle, it would be a better set up with the ti bolts as well. She looks beautiful. I will have to post a pic of Danica soon with her changes. Took her out for 2 hours last night and she was just amazing. She kept telling me I was fat however and told me that if I am going to ride her like that I should be fit. She says it does not do much for her image when I am on her.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:43 pm

you guys are too funny- maybe I'm just jealous because I can't give my bike a female name when it has SCOTT plastered on the downtube!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:09 pm

She's 16.45 pounds as shown (with computer). Those wheels are heavy, but the Heds won't be too much lighter. I most likely won't ever own tubulars again, so she'll never be back under 14.5 pounds, but that's OK. She's built for speed. Beautiful, beautiful speed.

Not sure about the post weight. I had to remove my awesome carbon cradle on the post because it wouldn't work with the Tune saddle. On the saddle the pails are formed too far apart by a couple millimeters. I had Madcow measure all of the Kom-Vors he had in stock, but they were all wide. With the metal top and bottom cradle they spread inwards to fit in the channels, but they just won't squeeze into the carbon cradle. It caused the cradle to bent. Manufacturing flaw from Tune means I can't use the sweet carbon cradle.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Wed May 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Danica is about 13.7 with the current set up and I will probaby 14.5 with some aerobars on her. Interesting fact however from Wheelbuilders is that a wheelcover with a 30mm deep wheel is more aero than a ton of discs so I am thinking of getting a disc cover for a couple of tri's I will be doing and be pretty aero with my ghetto disc.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

BMANX
Cat 1

Postby Gumgardner » Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Nothing wrong with looking good.
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby ... » Thu May 12, 2011 7:46 am

pritchet74 wrote:.../
I had to remove my awesome carbon cradle on the post because it wouldn't work with the Tune saddle. On the saddle the pails are formed too far apart by a couple millimeters.

Hi!
Nice to hear that some of you still use and like those carbon cradles :thumbUp:! Pritchet74, if you are interested for a carbon cradle, I can make a custom one for you and the Tune Saddle, I would need just the right measures..(till now I was quite busy and didn't really had any free time for any carbon work, but now I finally have some more time and it wouldn't be a problem to make it)

Otherwise, she is beautiful! :grin:
H a n d m a d e I n S l o v e n i a
Cat 1

Postby Boonen » Thu May 12, 2011 8:44 am

Jeff, the bike looks real good with the kom vor - what's the plan for the wheels? :D
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby BMANX » Thu May 12, 2011 2:25 pm

She does scream for new shoes.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

BMANX
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Thu May 12, 2011 2:52 pm

The Jets would be good. Are you going for a stock set-up, or do you have special plans?

IF the new Enve rims fit into the Hookers, which I doubt, they might be aero & light (and likely wicked expensive).

Would be dead sexy. Think about it. Some super aero and light wheels from FWB, built by Troy Watson. What's sexier than high heels?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby BMANX » Thu May 12, 2011 2:56 pm

She looks like she is dressed up for the ball and wearing flip/flops
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:04 am

BMANX wrote:She looks like she is dressed up for the ball and wearing flip/flops

Exactly. No custom wheels as I am on a very tight budget right now. I will go with a stock set of Hed Jet 6's. I has those wheels on this bike 2 years ago and they looked fantastic and rode amazingly well.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby dalai » Fri May 13, 2011 1:32 pm

BMANX wrote:She looks like she is dressed up for the ball and wearing flip/flops

Victoria wearing flip flops is still super sexy. :wink: And that look is the small price to pay so that pritchet74 still has her in his life (remember he did talk at one point briefly that he may have to let her go :shock: ) it's definitely all good! :applause:
dalai
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling