Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

If we all raced?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Emmanuel » Thu May 25, 2006 8:39 pm

You guys can all talk about who has the least fat, but as i recall i heard madcow saying something about speeds of around 60 km/h on the flats 8)
That means that i should have a decent chance on victory with my more-muscular-than-i'd-like figure :twisted:
Bring it!
check out www.cyclingsiblings.com , homepage of me (Manman) and my brother (Malaya). Now also in English!
Emmanuel
Cat 2

Postby Renne » Thu May 25, 2006 9:22 pm

How much is a airplane-ticket Belgium --- Tucson? Since I heard FairWheel is sponsoring....
Renne
Cat 5

Postby FelixOr » Thu May 25, 2006 9:36 pm

Richardtoddywoddy wrote:My body fat (according to my Salter scales at home) was 5.5%. I stopped riding as much and consoled myself with sweets because of my knee.

It is now 6.3% and my weight is up to 75kg (from 71kg). I feel fat and unloved. :cry:

Hey Rich, that is unfair! You know, you got a hole where all the others have like 50% of their complete body-fat :grin:

@Lee: Believe me, it's irresponsible to let me contest a bunch-sprint with people we like :oops: :wink:
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby Frankie - B » Fri May 26, 2006 12:02 am

If the funds allow me after Cho Oyu, Count me in! I'll be on the oldest bike! And I'll be trying to win. After the climb my body fat will be lower then it is right now. (shh, don't tell anybody I'm gaining weight on purpose ;) ) So I should have a reasonable chance to win..... the prize for the slowest rider

:toppie:

Now I only need to find that Al. Campy grouppo to go with the bike.
Frankie - B
Double Agent

Postby movrnotashakr » Fri May 26, 2006 12:08 am

I have a whole bottom floor opening up in July. So, some are welcome to stay with me. They will have to share the bottom floor with my two hound dogs though. :twisted:

~movr
movrnotashakr
Lord of the Smug

Postby IUBIKE » Fri May 26, 2006 12:49 am

Jason, put me on board, I will be out west this winter anyways to escape this blasted cold! You don't have to pay for my hotel though, just buy me some waffles! :twisted: I'll be fast on waffles.

K
IUBIKE
Cat 1

Postby madcow » Fri May 26, 2006 1:12 am

Emmanuel wrote:You guys can all talk about who has the least fat, but as i recall i heard madcow saying something about speeds of around 60 km/h on the flats 8)
That means that i should have a decent chance on victory with my more-muscular-than-i'd-like figure :twisted:
Bring it!

60km is 37.5mph. That's about right for a return pace on Wed. Movrnotashakr can tell you, that's also about the speed where I have a perpetual meter gap, usually just big enough for him to come around me and slip in.

With that in mind, I'd have to change my vote and say Jess might take it. You guys don't know him, he lurks here. He's the one that pulls us back into town at that speed. He paces 35-37 the whole. Sprints from every red light, and still has enough left at the end to keep me from coming around him. I'm gonna have to say, I seriously lack your power Emmanuel and Felix.

Maybe we'll have have to stage it. One day on the flats, and a day on Mt Lemmon. That way I can get embarrased two days in a row.

Seems we've got some rooms opening up at movr's. Of course I've seen his dogs. Merckx weighs, if my memory serves, about 82kg and is not close to full grown yet. Of course the others are a little smaller.
madcow
Dork Overlord

Postby IUBIKE » Fri May 26, 2006 1:19 am

35 is a fast pace lol. Anything over like 5-10 minutes at that rate around here and I am hurting baaaaaddddd.

K
IUBIKE
Cat 1

Postby movrnotashakr » Fri May 26, 2006 1:23 am

Don't let Madcow fool you. While he has a meter gap, I'm about another 4-5meters back. The only reason I catch up is because we seem to hit every red light possible.

Unfortunately, Merckx is on his way to Med school with my little and younger brother. Don't worry Atticus and Huckleberry will still be with me.

~movr
movrnotashakr
Lord of the Smug

Postby Emmanuel » Fri May 26, 2006 6:23 pm

I like MAdcow's idea for a stage race, but every self-respecting stage race has to have a TT as well!
check out www.cyclingsiblings.com , homepage of me (Manman) and my brother (Malaya). Now also in English!
Emmanuel
Cat 2

Postby Frankie - B » Fri May 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Ok, so it is going to be a three stage race, so I can be humbled three days in a row. Should be great! :D
Frankie - B
Double Agent

Postby jnims29 » Sun May 28, 2006 1:42 am

I am in if it is a friendly group ride. I have never race before, but i plan too. I just don't know where to start? I just moved and the lbs here is a joke. The other is a Trek flagship store and they were no help either. Any suggestions?
jnims29
Cat 2

Postby Ripley451 » Mon May 29, 2006 12:25 am

Frankie - B wrote:If the funds allow me after Cho Oyu, Count me in! I'll be on the oldest bike! And I'll be trying to win. After the climb my body fat will be lower then it is right now. (shh, don't tell anybody I'm gaining weight on purpose ;) ) So I should have a reasonable chance to win..... the prize for the slowest rider

:toppie:

Now I only need to find that Al. Campy grouppo to go with the bike.

I hope you'll be using Ti snow stakes and deadmen :lol:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Mike » Mon May 29, 2006 12:38 am

The title "If we all raced" reminds me of that old joke.
The lettuce would be ahead
The tomatoes would be trying to Ketchup
& The water pipe would still be running ;)

Anyway when you folks have the race can I be driving the support motorcycle loaded with LW's? :grin: I wil try not to misplace any 8-)
Mike
Cat 1

Postby IUBIKE » Mon May 29, 2006 9:48 pm

Everyone will show up, and in the end we all just turn out to be 65 year old retirees with too much money... fat and slow :lol:

K
IUBIKE
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling