Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

FWB Golf thread

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby alienator » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:12 am

Fibre-Lyte wrote:I actually watched a bit myself :shock: (ok, so my step dad was watching and I was having a drink with him, but it's a start :wink: )

The Loch Lomond area is absolutely stunning! That course was beautiful but knowing what the surrounding area is like, it would have to be 8-)

Please, Fibre-Light, step away from the golf show. Please.

How can a golf course be beautiful? Especially when what was there before was prolly magnitudes more beautiful in its natural state than it is in its sterile, manicured, fake golf state?
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby drjones96 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:02 pm

But they are making golf courses on top of land fills these days. That's good right?
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
drjones96
Master of Ardennes 09

Postby alienator » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:59 pm

drjones96 wrote:But they are making golf courses on top of land fills these days. That's good right?

No. They should be putting golf courses in landfills...... :grin:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:53 pm

alienator wrote:Please, Fibre-Light, step away from the golf show. Please.

For a moment there I felt myself slipping away to the dark side but I've been rescued :grin:

Anyone see the MotoGP :lol:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby alienator » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:For a moment there I felt myself slipping away to the dark side but I've been rescued :grin:

Anyone see the MotoGP :lol:

That was a tough one for The Doctor. Damn. I can't bring myself to be emotionally invested in Casey Stoner. He's like vanilla ice cream. Pedrosa seems kinda off and on. The Doctor.....well, he always rides his balls off, two steps past the edge...

We have a couple tracks here in the US that are sort of like the Sachsenring, and they were always my favorites 'cuz you spent/spend almost all yer time on those tracks on the sides of the tires......
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:18 pm

Kinda agree about Casey Stoner although his wife is quite nice :twisted:

You gotta love that Ducati though, 20,000rpm :shock:

That last race was never going to be a great one with such high track temps shredding the tyres. On the plus side they mentioned that the US was getting two races next year :wink:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby alienator » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:50 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:Kinda agree about Casey Stoner although his wife is quite nice :twisted:

You gotta love that Ducati though, 20,000rpm :shock:

That last race was never going to be a great one with such high track temps shredding the tyres. On the plus side they mentioned that the US was getting two races next year :wink:

I dare you to find one ugly girl that's dating or married to a MotoGP rider...

Tire shredding temps....ooooeeerrrrrr. That stirs up memories and randy, horny feelings. See, you know you've had a good day when the side of the tire is all snotty and blue. The ruined rubber turns a shade like gunmetal blue. Very cool

Yep. We be gettin' two: the MotoGP that we already have at Laguna Seca, and one at Indianapolis Motor Speedway....where the F1 guys have run. We need to also get a WSBK race. We've got the tracks for it. Road America, in Wisconsin, is a bleein' sexy track, 'bout 4 miles long, that looks like it was transplanted from Europe. Then there's Barber track in Alabama that is GP spec but needs a sponsor to come up with the dosh to back the race. It's a damned fine track. Gorgeous.

My favorite track is Gingerman in Michigan...

What the piccie doesn't show you is that 'bout the last marker you want to slam on the binders is at the crest of a hill just before turn 1. It's a real "see the face of God" kinda moment. So of course, you have to wait until just past the crest of the hill to outbrake everyone else.....with the bike all unweighted and out of sorts.....good fun.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:46 am

Wow, they've got parking, a gate, a welcome center and prohibited areas. Wonder where the people go.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby alienator » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:58 am

Ypsylon wrote:Wow, they've got parking, a gate, a welcome center and prohibited areas. Wonder where the people go.

The people go on the motorcycles. Duh! :doh:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:46 pm

I was on a ride tonight and got passed by two Duke 996's blitzing it :twisted:

There's just something about a Ducati on song :grin:

Ypsylon, the spectators go in the prohibited areas :twisted:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby alienator » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:51 am

Fibre-Lyte wrote:I was on a ride tonight and got passed by two Duke 996's blitzing it :twisted:

There's just something about a Ducati on song :grin:

Damn straight. In fact, in the course of weighing a vehicle purchase in the near future, I've got my eye on an 888 in showroom condition. The howl from a Ducks pipes is a siren call and is most certainly splooge worthy.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Thomskie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:17 pm

Tiger Woods is a special guy.

Last weekend he hit a wife her head with a golfball.
Thomskie
Cat 1

Postby Boonen » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:31 pm

I'm pretty sure that wasn't on purpose, he got off bounds on the very first hole on Saturday as well (or was it Friday?). He didn't play to well but still ended on -2, that's actually quite impressive if you saw a few of his bad hits along the way.

The final four hole play-off and the long awaited win of Harrington was pretty exciting, he almost messed up on the 18th. I don't think we saw anybody standing in the water with his shoes off this time did we? :lol:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby LJ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:41 pm

I kind of thought Harrington might go into the Burn when he caught his approach to the 18th in regulation a little heavy.

The course sure looked better than when I played it. Then the wind was blowing you off your feet and the rain was horizontal :shock:

Its a strange place though. A grey little town in the middle of nowhere. It took me around 10 mins to run round one morning.
LJ
Mod

Postby Boonen » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:59 pm

The old house looks nice and seems very fancy inside, nice scenery up to the 18th but other then that it looks like it's made to have wind and rain torture it. :wink:
I sure enjoyed the view of Loch Lomond and it's surroundings more then this, although both showed a good game to the end.

What's on next week, Ryder Cup in Wales?
Boonen
Faster than Superman

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling