Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

FWB Golf thread

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Boonen » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:45 pm

What race? The race of the year for many is not until tomorrow :wink:

I hear you on the talent LJ, it seems so easy on the television but man :D At this level it's all in the details and who can keep his head the coolest though.
Did you just see Tiger on the 13th just laying the ball right next to the flag on that little 'ledge' on the green? To bad with his bogey on 12 (sooo close) but this put him back on T2 again so chances are wide open still.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby alienator » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:12 am

Boonen wrote:What race? The race of the year for many is not until tomorrow :wink:

I hear you on the talent LJ, it seems so easy on the television but man :D At this level it's all in the details and who can keep his head the coolest though.
Did you just see Tiger on the 13th just laying the ball right next to the flag on that little 'ledge' on the green? To bad with his bogey on 12 (sooo close) but this put him back on T2 again so chances are wide open still.

What the hell are you talkin' about. There's some little ride, tomorrow, apparently being run in honor of this guy....Image
But I'd hardly call a race commemorating Ned Flanders the race of the year! And Springfield, Ohio is hardly the place to hold a "race of the year!"

Before I forget, here's another highlight from this special day in golf:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Boonen » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:00 am

Wow, those last two holes were tricky last night! Very unfortunate for Appleby with his triple bogey on the 17th, to bad for Tiger that he couldn't get level with him with two bogeys, he should have done the last two holes like he did them yesterday. Also did you see Harrington on the 15th :shock: If he would have gotten that hole right (like yesterday) yesterday and on day 1 (8) he would be in a clear lead. I know 'if' doesn't count but he's doing quite good isn't he? His short play seems very good.

Looking at those scores the course really must be hard, probably also due to that wind. People who made the cut scoring well into the 80s and hardly anybody under par, let alone in the 60s.

Now for the Ned Flanders ride today, that should be interesting as well :D
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby LJ » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:32 am

I get the feeling that there are only a couple of intelligent people contributing towards this thread Boonen :lol: If we ignore him he will eventually go away!!
LJ
Mod

Postby slisk » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:07 pm

OK LJ, I'll add some interest. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the winner. It will be Vijay or Appleby. I will say this, the difficulty of the course is so brutal that it makes for boring golf. No one will make a charge and are just waiting for others to blow up...if not themselves. This will play into Vijay's hands, I hope.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby alienator » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:35 pm

LJ wrote:I get the feeling that there are only a couple of intelligent people contributing towards this thread Boonen :lol: If we ignore him he will eventually go away!!

I'm shocked that a moderator would refer to Slisk that way. Shocked. :shock:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Boonen » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:08 pm

I would say Singh ruined his chances yesterday, he had a really good start though. At this point it looks like Retief Goosen has a really good chance, although it seems like it's between 6 people now who all have a shot at the win still. If Tiger can find his 6th gear ... :D
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby slisk » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:20 pm

See alienator, they just want to keep staring at my hot fat chick avatar. You can't ingnore her animal magnetism. My brother is now fast asleep. He couldn't take it any more (Tiger's floundering).

...and if by some chance they are trying to lure you into going away, that will be impossible as I'm changing the avatar to the hot fat lesbians after this post.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:33 pm

I'm trying to follow this thread as best I can and hopefully learn something about golf (and fat women :shock: ). So why do I suddenly get thrown a curve ball by LJ telling us that a footballer and a tennis player are commentating on the golf? We are still talking about golf aren't we? Don't we have any golfing commentators? HELP! :lol:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby alienator » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:50 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:I'm trying to follow this thread as best I can and hopefully learn something about golf (and fat women :shock: ). So why do I suddenly get thrown a curve ball by LJ telling us that a footballer and a tennis player are commentating on the golf? We are still talking about golf aren't we? Don't we have any golfing commentators? HELP! :lol:

Speaking of commentators, I have a few comments:

1. There was a member of the "commentating team", with Bob and Al Fishwig, that made Al a pleasant diversion. Whoever this guy was, I hope they never let him near a microphone again. They need to make that guy a golf announcer.

2. Watched the Malaysian GP last night, and as always, the Formula 1 commentators, were good, funny, informed, and not obnoxious.

As for golf...........I..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Sorry for dozing off there. It's a golf thing.

Time to watch the Ned Flanders race
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby dagjonas » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:26 am

So, the Masters is over, let's all focus on the upcoming snooker Worlds.. :banana:
The Rocket will meet Ding in the 1st round, very interesting - it could have been the final! :x
dagjonas
Cat 2

Postby Boonen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:01 am

Great final round yesterday :D
I didn't really know Zach Johnson before but he seems like a humble and down to earth guy, he certainly did a great final round and I enjoyed his win. It's a little like Slisk said, the guy with the least mistakes wins and nobody really dominated this years Masters, but didn't that also make it a great final? It must have helped him to play with Taylor on the last round as he's a local and they said they were also good friends.
Also, how close did Goosen come? That's quite impressive for somebody who only just made the cut! LJ, I'm not sure what your favorite did, although T2 is a great achievement he didn't seem to be in his element at all.

Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Boonen » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:24 pm

Did anybody see the finale of the Scottish Open today?
I hadn't seen it before but what a beautiful course! Great tie break between Havret and Mickelson as well and how close did Ernie Els get to the win with a superb last round? :D
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby LJ » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Its a shame Mr Mickleson is a bit array with his driving :shock: The course is pretty nice isnt it!
LJ
Mod

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:28 pm

I actually watched a bit myself :shock: (ok, so my step dad was watching and I was having a drink with him, but it's a start :wink: )

The Loch Lomond area is absolutely stunning! That course was beautiful but knowing what the surrounding area is like, it would have to be 8-)
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling