Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

FWB Golf thread

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Boonen » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:30 pm

LJ wrote: my shrine to Tiger.

Sorry to interupt your monologue :wink:
Seems like Tiger doesn't have his day today either, so far he's on hole 13 with 6 bogeys and only 2 birdies. Anything can happen but he'll need some mid 60 rounds to make up for this.
Brett Wetterich did a 73 btw, Rose hasn't started his round yet. Taylor seems to do really well so far but is only half way.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby drjones96 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:44 pm

I've experienced quite a few sports in my short life and can say that golf is by far the toughest. I was pretty serious about golf for a few years until I just got fed up because I'd determined that some people were meant to be good at it.....and I wasn't.
I also used to watch golf on TV constantly...every weekend nearly.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
drjones96
Master of Ardennes 09

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:03 pm

drjones96 wrote:I've experienced quite a few sports in my short life and can say that golf is by far the toughest. I was pretty serious about golf for a few years until I just got fed up because I'd determined that some people were meant to be good at it.....and I wasn't.
I also used to watch golf on TV constantly...every weekend nearly.

Never had blisters like those I got from golfing. And never had so sore muscles I didn't even know I had. It was fun, but I never watched it for longer than 15 minutes but once. Should have know the remote was under the couch. :wink:
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:17 am

In the interests of keeping this forum as friendly as it already is may I suggest that all us 'golf haters' make a concerted effort do help LJ et al enjoy the masters and keep this thread golf friendly :wink:

I've been attempting to do my bit and have just watched 3/4 of an hour of golf (which was no mean feat) and I saw an english guy make two great shots although he's +2 and I can't see where Tiger is but I know the name VJ Singh (or something like that)! I'm trying..... :roll:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Mike » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:18 am

You know I have never played golf.
To make it worse I own a home here for 20 years.
I rented it out to a couple a year ago but plan to move back soon.

It is beautiful & I still ride in the area. I use to run on the fairways in the late afternoon when they were closed.

I bet as golfers you folks would like it maybe?

http://www.volcanogolfshop.com/photogallery.jsp

Mike
Cat 1

Postby slisk » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:45 am

Fibre-Lyte wrote:In the interests of keeping this forum as friendly as it already is may I suggest that all us 'golf haters' make a concerted effort do help LJ et al enjoy the masters and keep this thread golf friendly :wink:

I've been attempting to do my bit and have just watched 3/4 of an hour of golf (which was no mean feat) and I saw an english guy make two great shots although he's +2 and I can't see where Tiger is but I know the name VJ Singh (or something like that)! I'm trying..... :roll:

Yes, and I must now reveal a skeleton...I earned 3 HS varsity letters in golf and only quit because some scumbucket ripped off my custom Pings back in the square groove days. I can respect El Tigre', but the best golfing experience of my life as a spectator came at the PHX Open in the early '80's when I followed Trevino, Chi Chi Rodriguez, and Boros when they were matched together. Since I knew a little espanol I was able to get some of the jokes the rest of the white bread crowd missed. I was amazed at how Trevino and Chi Chi could be laughing hysterically one second and then get it together to hit great shots. Plus, Chi Chi was on fire with the putter and you know what that meant. It you ever get a chance to follow those two guys in a senior event, it is a must! :cheers:
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby LJ » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:19 am

Yes, much better chaps! Shall we meet at Edwin Watts for your new clubs? :wink:
LJ
Mod

Postby slisk » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:37 am

LJ wrote:Yes, much better chaps! Shall we meet at Edwin Watts for your new clubs? :wink:

First, my guess is Watts is the UK equivalent of owning custom Pings...with a steep price. I have a choice. Build that Ruegamer or take up golf again. When the forum changes its name to fairshaftgolf.com I'm in! Did I tell you that my Ti tubes and stays are in?...back to searching for alienator's next love at this site. http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com/ :twisted:
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby LJ » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:43 pm

Boonen wrote:
LJ wrote: my shrine to Tiger.

Sorry to interupt your monologue

Hmmm....you watchin? Gooooooo Tiger! :grin:
LJ
Mod

Postby Boonen » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:52 pm

Yeah, with one eye. Did you just see Wetterich at 3? :shock: Man that's bad luck!
Tiger is doing good with two birdies half way in, he'll need those sixty rounds if he wants to catch up with Appleby as he's doing really well again today.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby LJ » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:59 pm

Wetterich seems to be playing ping pong :P

Those greens are so slick though. I remember playing at Sawgrass and the greens were over ten on the stimp....you could barely touch the ball :shock: These guys have a great talent.
LJ
Mod

Postby alienator » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:02 pm

Boonen wrote:Yeah, with one eye. Did you just see Wetterich at 3? :shock: Man that's bad luck!
Tiger is doing good with two birdies half way in, he'll need those sixty rounds if he wants to catch up with Appleby as he's doing really well again today.

Uhm, there is a bicycle race on..... :roll:

I did briefly consider watching this golf thing to see what all of you were going on about, but the decision ended up being a choice between golf and picking my nose. Since I knew that golf would suck anything resembling adrenaline out of my body and would leave me in a state wherein things like argyle socks and tassles on shoes would give me wood, I opted instead to spend my morning picking my nose and flicking boogers across the room. I feel like that was emotionally gripping compared to golf. :lmao:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby allerge99 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 pm

alienator wrote:Uhm, there is a bicycle race on..... :roll:

Whoever decided to show this race at the same time as the Masters needs to be knocked off. Thank God for picture-in-picture. :grin:
allerge99
Cat 2

Postby LJ » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:11 pm

C'mon, we have Gary Lineker presenting, guest appearances from Boris Becker and it simply doesnt get better than Peter Alliss.....now even you Alienator would appreciate the humour of this man. Enlighten yourself and save getting your finger stuck up there :P
LJ
Mod

Postby alienator » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:20 pm

LJ wrote:C'mon, we have Gary Lineker presenting, guest appearances from Boris Becker and it simply doesnt get better than Peter Alliss.....now even you Alienator would appreciate the humour of this man. Enlighten yourself and save getting your finger stuck up there :P

What did you say? I was thinking about golf......

alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling