Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

"Everybody has their own Ventoux"

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Nicolai » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:56 am

Ripley451 wrote:Firstly, you do realise that in our glorious history we've gone to war over less inflamatory comments and that doesn't include some of the things that resulted in people being sent to the colonies!

You want to share more about your penile colony? Puh-lease...

Ripley451 wrote:(it's even worse than suggesting that we bolt gritstone crags!!!)

Now that's an interesting claim. We do not only suggest bolting, but we've got some evidence of ladders too. And isn't there an elevator for handicapped being built in Ben Nevis? :roll:

Ripley451 wrote:And wtf were you doing in Halifax? :roll:

I went there to send a fax to Hal, and to taste some Chips. Don't recall much more, 'cos I was so pissed. Hazards of business trips. :shock:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:46 pm

alienator wrote:
Fibre-Lyte wrote:Think we'd better start making friends with another superpower :lol:

Great. I guess that means we'll have to come over there and liberate you.... :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

I thought you already had :shock:

According to my brother (who is quite knowledgeable in these things), around 50-75% of our high street shops are US occupied(I mean owned :roll:)
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Ripley451 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:59 am

Update time: my first appointment in the climbing capital of the world is next month :)
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby alienator » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:21 am

Ripley451 wrote:Update time: my first appointment in the climbing capital of the world is next month :)

You have an appt. in Switzerland?
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Ripley451 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:40 am

Switzerland? You mean there is more to climbing than short gritstone crags? :lol:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Nicolai » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:16 pm

Ripley451 wrote:Update time: my first appointment in the climbing capital of the world is next month :)

Isle of Man? How much of Das Kapital one would actually need for cragging there? :roll:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby RTW » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:44 pm

Ripley, how are things?
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby Ripley451 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:38 am

Well my first appointment is on the 27th of this month. The clinic I'll be attending is on Level P and the unit I'll be seen at later in the day is on Level M - all I can say is I hope the lifts are working :lol:

The breathlessness is a little more pronounced; this time last year I was riding 50-60 miles at 18mph, now I'm struggling with the 3/4 mile ride home from work as its a very very slight uphill journey :oops: and have to walk up anything more than that.
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby alienator » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:21 am

Ripley451 wrote:Well my first appointment is on the 27th of this month. The clinic I'll be attending is on Level P and the unit I'll be seen at later in the day is on Level M - all I can say is I hope the lifts are working :lol:

The breathlessness is a little more pronounced; this time last year I was riding 50-60 miles at 18mph, now I'm struggling with the 3/4 mile ride home from work as its a very very slight uphill journey :oops: and have to walk up anything more than that.

Why don't you just ride home downhill?
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Nicolai » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:14 am

Ripley451 wrote:Well my first appointment is on the 27th of this month. The clinic I'll be attending is on Level P and the unit I'll be seen at later in the day is on Level M - all I can say is I hope the lifts are working :lol:

You need to invest in sum equipment.
If you would fasten a Thule rack on top of that, and put Ur bike into, I'd say that your cycling experience would reach a whole new level.
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby alienator » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:44 am

Nicolai wrote:You need to invest in sum equipment.
If you would fasten a Thule rack on top of that, and put Ur bike into, I'd say that your cycling experience would reach a whole new level.

Genius, Nicolai! Mount a Thule rack on that thingee and ride the Thingee to work, thus saving critical energy for the uphill bike ride home! Genius! Then once home, it'll be a cinch to coast downhill, back to work so you can drive the Thingee home and get it ready for the next morning's drive to work!

I'll say this, Nicolai, you certainly deserve an award for such a stupendous idea.

You know, Madcow was just saying, today, how he was lookin' for a reason to gift me with a 350mm long 27.2mm AX-Lightness Daedalus seatpost, and I'll be damned iffin' I just didn't find the reason: I am the one the came up with the idea of awarding you, Nicolai, an award for solving Ripley's dilemma, and that idea of mine certainly merits at LEAST a Daedalus seatpost of the dimensions I mentioned.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Ripley451 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:23 am

alienator wrote:Why don't you just ride home downhill?

There is one homeward bound downhill section approximately 150 metres long :lol:

As for Nicolai's tracked thingy.............I could just use that to and from work - I guess there is quite a bit of scope for tuning.
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Nicolai » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:30 am

Ripley451 wrote:As for Nicolai's tracked thingy.............I could just use that to and from work - I guess there is quite a bit of scope for tuning.

Tuning? Are you insane like the readers of Max Power in general?
Ok, if you insist I'll throw sumthin' in, but mind you, your credibility points have just sunk by 50. :wink:

Think about getting one, once you get in better shape, you could install rollers on it. Now that would be kinda cool, to see and feel the changing scenery while on a easy recovering workout. :wink:

And once you're ready to challenge Adam (zakeen) you could rig on it a Hypoxic Tent System for a low-level altitude training. :grin:

Alienator wrote:I'll say this, Nicolai, you certainly deserve an award for such a stupendous idea.

Muchas Gracias, señor.

Needless to say, is that I've just received a PM from Jason, that there was sudden decision of confiscation of the AX-unbearablelightness goodies meant to a certain you and a reallocation of aforementioned goods to yours truly.
:wohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Ripley451 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:19 pm

Nicolai wrote:...you could rig on it a Hypoxic Tent System for a low-level altitude training.

Do you think I'm going to be challenging a certain Mr O.E.Bjoerndalen? :roll:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Nicolai » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:07 pm

Ripley451 wrote:
Nicolai wrote:...you could rig on it a Hypoxic Tent System for a low-level altitude training.

Do you think I'm going to be challenging a certain Mr O.E.Bjoerndalen? :roll:

Dunno, if your ever gonna challenge Ole Einar Bjørndalen, but who knows. In the name of TV-viewer entertainment they might change the rules of Biathlon, so that you're allowed to shoot other competitors instead of being faster and able to shoot target more accurately. :roll:

Ok, if no alpine tent for you, I know sumthin' that you'd love to have rigged on that dolly. Just take a look here, and think. :grin:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling