Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Scott Addict - round 2 & 2.5 (11.46&12.57lbs)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Scott Addict - round 2 & 2.5 (11.46&12.57lbs)

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:20 pm

After my fitting I found my size M (54cm) frame is on the larger side of the Small/Medium sizing I fall into-- but, it was very much workable as I ditched the schmolke tlo bars (44cm o-o, 94mm reach) and extralite ultrastem (100mm) for ritchey superlogic II (40cm c-c, 72mm reach) and an extralite OC 90mm stem. Weight penalty was about 18g overall (NOT TOO SHABBY). The other casualty was my non-setback xx-light sp31 at 89g, which was switched for a setback provibe carbon 158g for approx. 70g penalty.
BUT, for the small amount of weight I gained, the fitting has completely changed my riding. I was in tremendous pain on my right side and this (along w/ 3 visits to a chiropractor) solved that problem- hasn't returned (and it's been months with I lots of hard riding) AND the bonus- I used to be really sore after long rides, like it hurt downstairs. I have not had that issue since the fitting- there's no pain anymore- I might be tired or a little sore, but no pain.
I haven't used NSAID's in months.

Other changes- another birthday present-- HED H3c wheels- heavy, but man are they fast. and the sound they make is just awesome-- lots of fun to ride and it gives me an excuse to build up a time trial bike (eventually).

Now the build stuff: mostly the same as before

I was able to snap some pics-- 12.57lbs w/ hed wheels, 11.46 w/ edge/enve wheels, this includes the garmin edge 500 and speed/cadence sensor. Considering it was at 11.33lbs before I had to ditch the post/bars, and my new comfort and pain-free riding style, I think I made out like a bandit.

Frame- scott addict sl- 810g w/ derailleur hanger, braze on FD hanger & cable guide
Fork-scott addict sl- 295g cut
Headset- Ritchey WCS 80g w/ cups
Bottle Cages- Emporelli Dolomiti (2 cages) 31g (including alloy bolts)
Front der- campy chorus tuned to 58g, all bolts and washers included
Crankset- Zipp Vumaquad 172.5 BB - don't remember the weight but it was around 576 w/ ceramic cups- DROP ANOTHER 18g w/ fiberlyte 50/34 rings
Seatpost- PRO Vibe Carbon 158g
Seatpost Clamp- New Ultimate 7g
Saddle- ax lightness endurance - 77g
Rear Derailleur- Sram Red 136g (w/ some tuning)
Brakes- KCNC CB1 pads now depend, either swissstop black, swissstop yellow or edge/enve pads- around 180g
Cable Adjusters on frame- ritchey 6g (for the pair)
Cable Housing and Liner - I-links and Mini I-links - 54g
FD & RD Cables - mini-I-link 22g (uncut)
Brake Cables- Power Cordz - 8g (F & R)
Shifters, Stem, Bars, Tape- Sram Red w/ btp clamps, Extralite OC 90mm, Ritchey Superlogic II Carbon Bars , Spugna Bike Ribbon Tape, BTP hoods- 543g (give or take- not accurate w/ the bar/stem/ribbon change)
Fork expander- Extralite Ultrastar - 9g, Extralite Top Cap and screw - 5g
Rear Wheel- Edge 1.45, 24h, extralite hub, sram red 11-26 cassette, m2 racer bolt-on skewer, magnet for speed sensor, Continental Competition 700x22 w/ valve extender (total weight 1001g)
Front Wheel- Edge 1.45 20h, extralite hub, m2 racer bolt-on skewer, conti comp 700x19 w/ valve extender (total weight 723g)
Chain- kmc x10sl, I never weighed the damn thing, but I think it came in around 226g
Exustar 200ti pedals 176g for the pair.

I didn't weigh the Garmin 500 nor the speed/cadence sensor (individually)
My weight weenie sticker on the top tube doesn't register on the scale.
Attachments
6-8 Scott Addict Edge 1.45 wheels full shot.jpg
6-8 Scott Addict Edge 1.45 wheels scale shot kilos.jpg
6-8 Scott Addict Edge 1.45 wheels scale shot.jpg
6-8 Scott Addict Edge 1.45 wheels hanging.jpg
6-8 Scott Addict Hed Wheels bike.jpg
6-8 Scott Addict Hed Wheels Scale Shot 12.57.jpg
6-8 Scott Addict vuma fiberlyte.jpg
6-8 Scott Addict Hed Wheels Rear view.jpg
6-8 Scott Addict.jpg
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Return to General cycling