Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Cervélo p3c

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Cervélo p3c

Postby rike » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm

My bike cervélo p3c. Brake pads are missing, obviously.

Just got the frame and build it up with pieces from the parts bin. The round bars don't match the aero shaped down tube too well.

It's raceable the way it is, but I'l upgrade it in the future whenever I find a perfect part. Any suggestions?

Attachments
p3c.jpg
rike
Cat 4

Re: Cervélo p3c

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:35 am

Nice! Wait - that's Sastre's frame? Awesome! How'd you score that?

Are those Edge wheels your intended race wheels?

Oh ya, welcome to the forum!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Adrien » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:55 am

Welcome Rike, pretty nice bike.
I'd go to a deeper wheelset, or even a disc rear wheel ;)
Adrien
VIP

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Definitely a disc. Tons of time to be gained there. The new Hed disc is really nice! Also, if you could get your hands on a Hed Stinger 9 front wheel you'd be in business! It's tested in the wind tunnel to be faster than the Zipp 808 & 1080.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby rike » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:28 pm

When CSC changing to Specialized from Cervélo, they sold their old frames. Carlos Sastre is about my size...I borrow the weehls from my boy friend. Maybe I let him ride sometimes.

http://www.speedzoneshop.com/popup_image.php?pID=1653&imgID=0

The weehls would match to the frame and they are probably fast...I should look at them in a shop. Will they fit into the frame?
rike
Cat 4

Postby rike » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Don't look too bad either. Not as fast as Hed though?
rike
Cat 4

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Welcome to the forum rike :D

Personally, for that bike, I'd prefer the later version of the Ghibli

Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby dunlinii » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:41 pm

Ventus LTD aerobar would look good...
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:03 am

There really isn't THAT much difference between disc wheels. The Campy disc is so expensive I wouldn't get it. You just don't get more speed for the extra money. That Hed Stinger 9 is the real deal though. Borrow the wheels from your boyfriend? Nice boyfriend. Wow, there's a girl on the forum! Sweet! Tell your boyfriend that he needs to get you that set of Hed wheels so you can borrow them! :wink:

Oh ya, if you were looking for a new aerobar & the Ventus would fit your position it's the fastest thing out there, but if you want an aerobar that doesn't have the integrated stem then I'd recommend the USE Tula bar. Fast & sexy.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby dalai » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:15 am

SRM in the spare parts bin? Nice! :D

There are never enough TT bikes posted, so this addition is very welcome! :wink:

More photos are necessary plus parts list please...

pritchet74 wrote:Borrow the wheels from your boyfriend? Nice boyfriend. Wow, there's a girl on the forum! Sweet!

Assumption alert...
dalai
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:25 am

pritchet74 wrote:Nice boyfriend.

Either he's a mighty fine guy or he just got something more interesting to play around with. A more interesting set of wheels I mean. Hard to imagine what could be nicer than a pair of Edge .38s, though.

The problem with the Campagnolo disc, besides beign too expensive, is, what front wheel would you use?

What chainrings are those? I think something beefier would look better. Libre-Lyte, could you make one that would look like Casrans for the SRAM SRM he has?

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby rike » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:01 am

:D I'm a girl. Right assumption.

I have written my bikeshop and asked if I could borrow the Ventus for a weekend. Wait and see...

I suppose that the HED-wheels are the best match for the frame and cheaper. Has anybody tried if they fit a p3c?
Tomorrow is valentin day, perhaps I get a gift from my boyfriend :wink: :applause: :angelMrGreen:

I like the carbon chain ring...
rike
Cat 4

Postby rike » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Update: I can try the ventus ltd for some days.

Parts list:

p3c frame and seatpost, wolf tt fork, ultegra 6600 group with 7800 shifters and cane creek brake levers. 7800 bb and crank. KMC chain. WCS alu stem, syntace stratos base bar, t2+ clip ons, no bar tape for now. 3 person couch instead of saddle.

Wheels for now are Edge 1.38 rims with aerolite spokes. Tune rear hub, alchemy front hub, kcnc skewers. Conti Competischn tubulars.
rike
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:17 pm

The Hed SHOULD work, but you'd want to try it to be sure. I had a set of Hed C2 90's (which is the same rim bulge profile on that Hed disc) & it fit on my P3C that I had. I have heard about other people that had clearance issues though. On mine there was ~2mm between the widest part of the rim & the inside of the chainstays.

Carbon chainrings for a TT bike would be sweet!

Those Edge 1.38's sound like a solid build, but I've believe that the aerodynamics of them are pretty bad. The basics of rim aerodynamics are that if the sides of the rim bulge out (like Hed & Zipp) then they are fast rims. Rims with straight sides (Reynolds 46's, Lightweights) are "bad" in the words of some respected aerodynamic experts in the industry (one of which is pictured next to Sastre in the wind tunnel on velonews.com). Rims whose sides actuall curve inward, well, it just gets worse. In my opinion the 1.38's are great climbing wheels, but that's about it. The 1.45's & 1.68's are much better. Just sayin' that if going fast on the flats is the main concern then there's the potential to upgrade. :wink:

Your bike shop is letting you borrow a Ventus LTD? Wow. You must be a great customer! Just be sure that you can get it to work with your position on the bike! Some people can't get it to go low enough. I know that some guys & girls on the Cervelo Test Team are having that problem with the Ventus & are having to get custom modifications made.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby jrennie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:02 pm

HED makes a skinny bulge disc to work with the cervelo's, come on Jeff you should know that. :D
Quicky von Quick Quick
jrennie
El Campeón '10

Next

Return to General cycling