Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

New Dura Ace Carbon Clinchers

New Dura Ace Carbon Clinchers

Postby knifun » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:23 pm

The best race clinchers I have ever ridden!
Borrowed these wheels from a good friend of mine, Wayne Stetina, and are they FAST!!!
They crossed the right side spokes on the rear and it makes all the difference in the world.
No more spin up like the 7801's.
I also like the fact that Shimano (and Campy) is still using the ball bearings instead of the linear "cartridge" bearings.
Had a long discussion with Wayne on these and there is a real reason why Shimano and Campy still use these.
I replaced the steel balls with ceramics which takes the wheel to the next level!!!

Watch out Mavic, once people find out how good these wheels actually are, Shimano wont be able to keep them in stock!
Attachments
00675_sm.jpg
00676_sm.jpg
00685_sm.jpg
00686_sm.jpg
knifun
Cyclotourist

Re: New Dura Ace Carbon Clinchers

Postby Adrien » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:58 pm

Yes they are pretty good wheels. If I was not making my own wheels, I would like to buy to buy them along with the 7850 C24 TU.
Adrien
VIP

Postby jsmst32 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:33 pm

They couldn't possibly be THIS good.
jsmst32
Cat 2

Postby Ultrafoco » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:47 am

Those wheels are really good, especially the tubular versions of the 24mm and 50mm carbon wheels. In Australia getting these either of these wheels has been like mission impossible.
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke - Sonny Crockett Miami Vice
Ultrafoco
King of Cobbles '10

Postby Nags » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:47 pm

I have a set of the DA 7850 Scandium SL's and they are a fantastic ride. Such a remarkable improvement over my stock Fulcrum wheels. The biggest thing I noticed is how they seem to roll and roll. I had to be extra careful when I first got them, for when I was on someone's wheel and we were freewheeling I kept gaining on them. They are uber-comfortable as well, the tubeless ride is fantastic.
Nags
Cyclotourist

Postby Jronicaing » Mon May 28, 2012 10:36 am

Those wheels are really good, especially the tubular versions of the 24mm and 50mm carbon wheels. In Australia getting these either of these wheels has been like mission impossible.
Jronicaing
Cyclotourist

Return to Reviews