Skip to content

Titus Di2 Project 29er

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
    Glenn

So, when do you think we can get a hold of one. I love the concept!!!

Participant

You guys never cease to amaze me. Another great project bike from the ‘boys’ at Fair Wheels. Someday, you’ve got to build a bike we all can do, without all the legal mumbo-jumbo.

Taylor

I love the whole idea, but since the lawyers are involved in the electronic shifting, how much do think the bike would weight with say XTR 2×10? thank you

Cory

Now that Andy Schleck is on a Trek Di2 team, you should give them a call! I know you guys have some good old friends and contacts from Trek sponsored roadies.

Give Andy a Di2 with only one set of buttons, and he wont cross his chain in the French mountains again, when he’s been pegging in up the mountain. (But I guess the move away from a SRAM team may have been partly a reaction to last summer’s Redd chain suck anyway.)

Keymaster

@Cory, :)

@Taylor, the project was never really about weight. But it’s sort of a moot point anyway with the goings on at Titus.

I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.
    Brian

I second James M.’s comment – you guys are amazing! Kind of like the Google of bike shops – trying stuff out just because it’s cool. Keep innovating!

Alex

I’m curious as to that fork boot you guys seem to have made. What kind of weight savings is there, and what did you make it out of?

Keymaster

The boot is made from a Challenge Latex tube. I don’t remember the savings, but it was significant. I think it was in the 80-100 gram range. The latex was great for weight but lacked durability and had to be replaced frequently. In the end the best option is to use a standard lightweight butyl tube which is what most of the Cdale factory riders are doing.

Dutzer von Mezzenbrau

damned nice build-up—-congratz fairwheel!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)