Skip to content

The official "What have you bought today"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
    Participant

Not quite today, but I placed a deposit on a Hampsten Strada Bianca on Friday.

Keymaster

I just got this stuff and am not yet ready to say what we’re doing with it, but Tony is in the other room welding on the fixture for it right now.

Participant

oooo I see load cells and dial gauges…

Are you guys going to be testing frame stiffness or stem stiffness or maybe handlebar stiffness?

Would be cool to see wheel stiffness and or hub wheel stiffness for popular road bike wheel builds. I.e. Chris King R45 hubs with Enve rims or Zipp 404 Firecrest wheels…

Have a cassette on the hub, chain applying the force, tire on sandpaper glued to a board, and see how much the rim deflects for given force applied.

2008 Cervelo SLC-SL 12.4 lbs | 2006 Cervelo Soloist 14.99lbs | 2008 Lynskey Custom M230 18 lbs | 2010 Lynskey Pro29 SS TBD lbs | 2011 Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL 20 lbs | http://www.hackracer.com
    Participant

I had my 9 year old Rocket 7 custom shoes re-done with new leather uppers. I can’t wait to ride with them!

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

I’m also waiting my custom shoes for 5 months over.
    I can’t wait tooooo! Envy!

Participant

Aican Bungarus for my brakes and if they are as advertised, for my shifters.

Ilcappellino.blogspot.com
    Participant

Oh and some tubes, valve extenders, Rock & Roll Gold, and some Keo Blades to replace the ones I broke. I am a torque monster!

Ilcappellino.blogspot.com
    Participant

I had my 9 year old Rocket 7 custom shoes re-done with new leather uppers. I can’t wait to ride with them!

I just got these on the scale and for the pair they are 270 grams lighter than my Sidi Genius 6.6 shoes.

(if we had emoticons enabled on this forum I could show a proper happy dance…) ;-)

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

A San Marco Mantra Carbon FX is now mounted on my fast ride. I’ve been using the regular Mantra on my backup road bike for a few years and I love it.

Participant

Whiteface Mountain here I come!

*Having trouble uploading photo-will try again later

Nothing ventured nothing gained!
    Participant

failed attempt to upload

Participant

Recon 11/28 Aluminum

Participant

Participant

NICE!

How does it shift and what are you using it with? (Dura-Ace 11, SR11?)

Participant

Thanks! Have the 10 speed Di2. Downshifting is fine-Upshifting from the 11 cog is sloppy. (Fairwheel was upfront about letting me know that this cassette would not measure up to DA shifting standards.) Barely any ramping compared to DA-if it had comparable ramping my guess is that the aluminum would quickly disintegrate) But my interest was in: 1) saving weight-the cassette pictured is an 11/28 and weighs 113 grams with lock nut and free hub spacer; and 2) using it for a climbing time trail and an ascent of Whiteface Mountain-during which I’ll be in the 39 and 21, 24,28-not much of a cross over therefore no sloppy shifts.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)