Skip to content

Prototype Direct Mount EEs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Keymaster

Some of you might have noticed that one of the bikes we had at Interbike and during our grand opening had prototype direct mount EE brakes on it. Here’s a few more pictures for you. They’re weighing in at about 160g with pad holders but no pads.

Direct Mount EE Brakes on Jack's English.

Direct Mount EE Brakes on Jack’s English.

The rear direct mount brake tucked under the Bottom Bracket.

The rear direct mount brake tucked under the Bottom Bracket.

The centering adjustment bolt on the left side will be modified for production.

The centering adjustment bolt on the left side will be modified for production.

The side view of the direct mount EE brake.

The side view of the direct mount EE brake.

I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.

These would fit the same frames and forks as the Shimano direct mount brakes, right?

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
    Participant

Any idea when these will be available?

Keymaster

These would fit the same frames and forks as the Shimano direct mount brakes, right?

Yes

Any idea when these will be available?

We don’t have an official date yet but we’re not expecting them to take long.

I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.
    Participant

Speaking of which, any word on FWB”s deal to bring the EE crank to market (whoops, let that slip – don’t tell anyone)? O.k., just speculating, haha, but check out the posts by madcow and me on http://fairwheelbikes.com/c/forums/topic/eepacenti-crank-cancelled/ .

Participant

These will be a fantastic option for the Trek Madone, lighter than Shimano or Bontrager brakes and better braking than the Bontrager brakes, specially for someone like me running SRAM

Participant

I use the Shimano DA 9010 direct-mount rear brake on my 2013 Madone. Unfortunately, the left brake arm/cable bolt (looking at brakes from below) stick out from the non-drive side of the frame a bit. This makes it impossible to use a Stages (inner crank arm based) powermeter as it will rub on that brake arm. See below (not my bike).

So my question: looking at the design of these new EE DM brakes — is there a chance that the footprint is narrower on the non-drive side and that it might work with the Stages PM? Thanks for any help.

Participant

Any news on these? My next frame will use direct-mount brakes, and I’d love to get a pair of these.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)