Skip to content

Neilpryde Bura SL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    Participant

Here’s my Neilpryde Bura SL. A few things have been changed out already and a few are here but need to be changed out, just as soon as I have a few minutes to breathe I’ll get that done

Frame/fork/seat collar- NP bura sl (size small)

wheels- edge/enve 1.45, extralite hubs, cx-ray spokes, front conti comp/ rear vittoria evo (both 22 or 23mm)
    bars- ritchey superlogic II (carbon) 40mm

stem- extralite OC 100mm

headset- NP, extralite ultrastar, extralite top cap and bolt, omniracer alloy spacers

shifters- sram red w/ btp clamps (stock hoods will be switched out for either homemade heatshrink or alternative experiment.
    cables/housing- derailleur: alligator mini i-link cable/housing, brakes: i-link housing, front power cord, rear is currently alligator cable will be switched out for powercord.

FD- campy chorus tuned to 57g
    RD- sram red tuned to 134g
    cassette-sram red 11/26

crankset- lightning sl 172.5 w/ extralite 50/34 rings & kcnc bolts

scott chain catcher (had it sitting around and figured what the heck)

chain- kmc x10sl

skewers- m2racer bolt on

bar tape- 3m friction tape (22g for the whole thing)

bar plugs- I think they were from fsa cranks, cut down to lighten and fit

seatpost- mcfk 27.2 setback

saddle- ax lightness endurance (3 yrs old, finally something from ax that doesn’t fail)

brakes – kcnc cb1 w/ enve pads (have been changed for eecycleworks)

pedals – exustar 200 ti

Bars will be changed out for zipp sl (157g) and now that I’ve gotten the eecycleworks installation done w/ steel cables I plan on going back to cordz for both brakes and derailleurs. Extralite rings are now the black version as well.

I’ve been riding this bike since March and it’s just awesome. In it’s current state it’s between 11.2 and 11.33 lbs. It’s far more stable the the scott addict sl it replaced, I’ve done 2 100+ mile rides and I can’t complain about the ride at all. It handles perfectly and the best thing I can say is when I’m riding it I’m not thinking about the bike at all. It’s doing everything it’s supposed to.

I love it!

Special thanks to Madcow for making this work so I could get the mcfk post as well.

Participant

I can’t believe that you have a bike that weighs just over 11 pounds. That’s just insane to me. And it’s a bike that you can ride everyday and not worry about. Awesome. Just awesome!

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

Super light yet solid. Nice work piecing together everything.

Participant

Thanks! It is solid. I’ve been using the 38mm carbon clincher wheels I just had built up. Farsports rims w/ extralite hubs & cx-rays. 1172g for the pair. 182g heavier than the enve wheels but when the bike is this light it’s kind of nice to have the ability to change a tube instead of a tubular in the event of a flat tire (especially when commuting to/from work).

Participant

that is a beauty.

what was the fork and frame weight?

2008 Cervelo SLC-SL 12.4 lbs | 2006 Cervelo Soloist 14.99lbs | 2008 Lynskey Custom M230 18 lbs | 2010 Lynskey Pro29 SS TBD lbs | 2011 Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL 20 lbs | http://www.hackracer.com
    Participant

I believe it was 768 for the frame (size small) and 300-301g for the fork (cut to it’s current length).

Participant

Putting the finishing touches on some changes– I went to powercordz for both brakes and derailleurs, seems to be working quite well. Also changed out my handlebars from ritchey superlogic II carbon (184g) to Zipp SL carbon (157g). I needed a bit more reach and this has also worked out quite well. Once I have the bars properly taped and the hoods back on I’ll snap some pics and update.

Participant

Oh nice!

I used to use Powercordz for my brakes before I started my Hooker addiction. They worked really well.

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

Now pictured w/ eebrakes, zipp sl carbon bars (needed more reach, saved 27g in the process), powercordz for brakes and derailleurs and my carbon clinchers – farsport 38mm rims w/ cx-rays and extralite hubs.

I love this bike!

[/url]

free pic[/url]

Participant

Photo foul!

Chain in the small ring….. Come on – you know better than that. ;-)

Love the bike though – it’s just awesome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)