Skip to content

Kestrel TT custom paint

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
    Participant

Another amazing paint job coming together by Ube’s Ice Cream Shop in SF

My Kestrel Time Trial… parasite pink

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  SteveF.
    Participant

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  SteveF.
    Participant

To be honest, neither the shape of the frame nor the paintjob are truly my cup of tea, but it’s still jaw dropping.

Custom painted H3s could definetly win me over.

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
    Participant

Radically different. You’re going to turn heads. Proportions of frame make a great canvas for the Chopperesque/Fast and Furious like paintwork.

Nothing ventured nothing gained!
    Participant

Thanks, the kestrel definitely makes a good canvas
    I agree the paint is polarizing, and some may like it and some hate it

I am a lover of gorgeous rich colors, and so really get a lot of enjoyment out of this color scheme
    I was not so much going for a fast and furious theme. I am a scientist, and these have somewhat the look of brain cells moving over a matrix!

Anyway I love it, and wanted to share with others

Not sure if that was even directed at me, but I didn’t mean to say I hate it.

What I actually meant to say is that I love that you have it.

It’s not something I would have chosen for myself, but if I came to a race and was wandering around looking at the bikes after it, I’d definetly pause looking at this one, and I’d enjoy it.

It also had me thinking about what I would do, which was nice.

And I’m really looking forward to see how this turns out once it’s built up.

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
    Participant

SteveF: your PET scan is my Rorschach! ;’0

Nothing ventured nothing gained!
    Participant

Many thanks to both of you

I am thinking of building it with blacked out HED H3 (stealth black logos) and all black finishing kit

I have some Deda Banditos for the handlebars

http://www.itriathlon.dk/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/tristyr/deda-bandito.jpg

Participant

Ouch, my eyes!

I really like the work that has gone into the paint, it’s simply amazing in one respect and yet, like Ypsylon, it’s not really my cup of tea. There again….I still keep scrolling back to look at the pics which doesn’t happen too often. Well done that man!

I really like the idea of black finishing kit as well, this is going to be one amazing, eye catching ride!

Participant

Thanks Fibre-Lyte! I am glad the paint job made you look for longer at the photos

The all stealth finishing kit will finish it off nicely

Participant

Hi Steve,
    I checked out your bike at Ube’s shop and it was pretty wild!
    The texture of the parasites is a nice detail, and Ube really does some great work. Thanks to your Cervelo thread, I sent my Tarmac to him and had him work his magic.

Participant

David

I am guessing it was your tarmac which I saw recently at Ube’s shop, which had the metallic silver sparkle paint job. I saw it go through all the stages of paint. Such a great paint job, it sparkled with amazing depth out in the sunshine….I really loved the end result

I am really pleased the Cervelo thread showed you Ube’s work.

Steve

Participant

Steve, that would be it!
    It was quite the transformation, especially if you saw the previous paint job. Ube was a bit optimistic when I showed him the pictures, but he was able to take care of it. I’ve just enjoyed looking at it hanging in my bike stand, because the color shifts so much depending upon the light. I had originally planned on it being white or black, but I let Ube pick it in the end and it turned out looking awesome. He’s a great guy to work with, and I am planning on having him paint one of my other bikes soon… Next time I am up there I will have to let you know and maybe we can get a ride in.

Back on topic, that bike would look great with H3s and all black finishing kit that would draw the attention to the frame.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  David.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  David.
    Participant

David

Your bike looks amazing. I saw it when it first arrived at Ubes, in a matte black color. so I saw the complete transformation.
    He did an amazing job, so many different colors and fades depending on the sunshine

What is the next bike you are going to get done?

Let me know when you are next in SF, so we can go biking

My kestrel got some sweet Deda Bandito bars recently as well

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)