Skip to content

I have an itch for a new frameset

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
    Participant

Why not something bespoke?

Participant

Not sure what you mean…

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

Bespoke means custom.

Participant

Ah. I didn’t know that. I had a custom bike before and it was great, but the reason that I got it was that I wanted a 71 degree seat tube angle. I am back to a standard geometry saddle position now so I don’t see the point in going custom. Unless it was for the paint, which could be a possibility.

I went to a shop today in Las Vegas that had a new C59 frame on the wall. I got to look the thing over and it was REALLY nice. The guy at the shop had his bike there (in my size) and he offered me a ride on it, but I don’t have my shoes or shorts with me. The next time I am in Vegas (maybe next month) I will bring that stuff and coordinate a test ride on that thing.

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

It would have Campy brake levers. :-)

And regarding that re-painted S5 – where did you get it painted from? That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

+1

Ilcappellino.blogspot.com
    Participant

Pritchet, my S5 paint was done at Ube’s Ice Cream Shop in San Francisco

I just put a separate post on it with the finished paint photos

Participant

Well. I did it. I found a great deal on this Colnago Extreme Power. It’s at the shop right now getting the bottom bracket and headset put in.

Participant

Very nice!

we need a story behind this. How did you find the frame? How does the geometry compare with the SLC SL? I think Colnagos have slacker headtube angles than Cervelos…

2008 Cervelo SLC-SL 12.4 lbs | 2006 Cervelo Soloist 14.99lbs | 2008 Lynskey Custom M230 18 lbs | 2010 Lynskey Pro29 SS TBD lbs | 2011 Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL 20 lbs | http://www.hackracer.com
    Participant

A friend told be about the frameset for sale over on weight weenies from a guy in Zurich. I bought it on a Wednesday. He shipped it Thursday. It arrived in California at my office on Monday. It all happened pretty fast. The bottom bracket and headset are now installed. If I have time tonight I will get it built up. I think that I have everything that I need.

The geometries aren’t very similar from what I hear and it will definitely ride differently. I honestly have no idea what to expect. I will get in the token ride here and there for the next 6 weeks, but will stay on the Cervelo mostly as I have 3-4 races planned in the next 6 weeks and I want to race the Cervelo since it’s what I am the most comfortable on. This isn’t the time in the season to race something new. By the end of August I hope to be on the Colnago full time.

Participant

Nice one :)

I guess the old girl is jealous about the Italien girl?

sub4 i´m on my way
    Participant

Yup. Still trying to decide on a name for my new Italian girlfriend though…. :-)

Participant

Who was that hot italian actress in Pee Wee’s Bigtop Adventure? (Not Vance the Pig!)

Participant

I scrolled thru the cast of that on IMDB and nothing stood out.

I was pretty much decided on Monica (as in Bellucci) but when I mentioned the name Monica to a friend he said “as in Lewinksy?” so that’s out. Now I am leaning towards Giada. As in Giada Borgato (2012 Italian national road champion). My kids will think Giada de Laurentiis, which isn’t a bad thing though.

Still not sold on it.

Then there is Elisa Basso. She’s kinda hot too.

Participant

I’m a big fan of Giada de Laurentiis.
    :)

2008 Cervelo SLC-SL 12.4 lbs | 2006 Cervelo Soloist 14.99lbs | 2008 Lynskey Custom M230 18 lbs | 2010 Lynskey Pro29 SS TBD lbs | 2011 Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL 20 lbs | http://www.hackracer.com
    Participant

Me too. :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)