Skip to content

Fabiana, my Colnago Extreme Power

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
    Participant

It’s taken me a bit to get this built together – mostly because I needed to wait until the racing season ended so I could tear down my other bike to get this one built up. This is definitely Version 1.0 as I am sure that many changes will occur.

Frameset: Colnago Extreme Power, 54 cm
    Fork: Colnago Star Carbon
    Headset: Chris King
    Stem: 3T ARX-Pro with ti bolts
    Handlebars: Zipp SLC2
    Bottle Cages: BTP carbon
    Seatpost: Colnago
    Saddle: Fizik Arione R1
    Brakes: Zero Gravity
    Brake Cables: Nokon
    Bottom Bracket: Dura-Ace 9000
    Cranks: Dura-Ace 7900 SRM
    Pedals: Dura-Ace 7900
    Brake Levers: Campagnolo Record
    FD & RD: Dura-Ace Di2 10 speed
    Cassette: Dura-Ace 7900
    Chain: Dura-Ace 7900
    Main Wiring Harness: Di2 external
    Front Wiring Harness: Prototype sequential shifting
    Wheels: Hed Jet 6, Conti 4000s tires, latex tubes

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  pritchet74.
    Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

I don´t know, i miss Victoria already :(
    The Italian Girl will be something, but you know, fast bike, fast love…nothing to grow old with ;)

sub4 i´m on my way
    Participant

Now that Fabiana is built up, I am not as excited as I thought that I would be. I bought some green handlebar tape, but it doesn’t match exactly so I don’t know if I want to put it on.

I am interested to see how she rides. Later today I will get in a 2 hour ride, so I will report back tomorrow.

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

I put on the green bar tape and ya, it looks like crap.

I am not quite sure what to do. Black hoods? Red tape? Black hoods and tape?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  pritchet74.
    Participant

I stuck with the battery that I had in my Cervelo seatpost, but since I can’t go with internal wiring on this frameset, I taped the battery to the NDS chain stay. It’s out of the way.

Participant

Black hoods look better. I think the black bar tape needs to go back on.

Participant

i really like it with green :) it’s more unconventional and you have an unconventional ductape stuck to your nds stay :)

Participant

I changed the tape to black before my ride. I like it better. The green just didn’t match.

Participant

Black hoods and tape flow nicely with the black carbon on frame. I suggest removing or ghosting the wheel logos which would improve the balance of the overall look. Most importantly how does the bike feel when you apply extreme power?

Nothing ventured nothing gained!
    Participant

Yes looks much better with black/black on the bar.
    Like Mike said – maybe get the wheels just black as well?

What is the weight of the bike?

sub4 i´m on my way
    Participant

2 good rides on her so far. One of nearly 2 hours and then today for nearly 3 hours. I have to say that I just love the ride quality.

I have thought about the wheels – I will have to see what happens with that. Its definitely as possibility.

Weight is 16.1# on my hanging scale, but I would like to get that verified with someone else’s scale.

Participant

I knew you’d like the ride. Respectable total weight considering heft of frame and fork.

Nothing ventured nothing gained!
    Participant

I wish that I would have written down the exact frame & fork weights, but I am pretty sure that the frame was around 1,100g, so not too bad. The fork is really fat though at around 450g.

Participant

450 wow how did they made it that the fork is that heavy? must be hard to accomplishment.

As you talked about the wheels – i´d say you should buy some new wheels for this bike. Maybe some nice LW ventoux ;)

sub4 i´m on my way
    Participant

You know you want some of these on the new lady, don´t you ;)

sub4 i´m on my way
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)