Skip to content

Geoff McFetridge Light Bike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Keymaster

Light bikes don’t have to be boring, as aptly stated during the “light bike” project discussion. An anonymous individual set the tone, with “it would be exciting to do a design that isn’t in the Darth Vador, Deathstar aesthetic”. We were excited at the prospect of working with artist Geoff Mcfetridge to create a design outside what is often a stealthy conservative look.

For the “light-bike” Mcfetridge designed a variety of abstract iconic imagery exploring a narrative of the psychological turmoil encountered while pedaling along our favorite pastime. Once the heavy leather bar tape was replaced with light tape the finished weight of this one was 3885 grams.

A Ruegammer crafted frame was used as the base for the design, built with parts from A/X Lightness and Tune. The bike features several newly released components such as the A/X Lightness Helios Fork, Zeus Stem (65g), and wheels composed of Tune Hubs, Pillar Titanium Spokes, and A/X Lightness Rims.
    Graphic Design by: Geoff McFetridge
    Frame by: Rue Sports

2009 Light Bike Component List:

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Madcow.
    I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.
    S,Tanaami

Hello
    We want to partner with like a light bike and I love this bike, too.
    ax-lightness of the SRT24, SRT42 fairwheelbikes even Buy and 45/150 hub is made of tune.
    Pillar Titanium bottom line is not available anywhere.
    SRT24 and tune/MIG45, MAG150 Pillar Titanium for the place you know will sell?
    I can not get a complete wheel and spoke of this.
    May be a premium price.
    Thanking you in advance.

Dave McLaughln

What did this bike tip the scales at?

Keymaster

3960grams

Swami

A picture of the whole bike (not just close ups of parts) would be helpful. I’d love to see a single speed, single brake version for city riding. Well done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)