Skip to content

Felt Euro import F1 SLR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Participant

My 2009 Felt F1 SLR. As far as I know this is the only one imported into the USA by Felt. Built up with Dura Ace 9000. I am also proud of the wheels as they are the first wheels I ever built myself. They came out perfect and have held true for 3,000 miles.

Frameset: Felt F1 SLR
    Derailleurs: DA9000
    Brakes: TRP R970SL
    Shifters: DA9000
    Brake Cables: Nokon w/ DA9000 cables
    Bottom Bracket: Rotor
    Cranks: Rotor 3D+ compact
    Chain Rings: Praxis Works 34/50
    Hubs: White Industry t11 24/24
    Spokes: Sapim CX-Rays
    Rims: Head C2
    Skewers: New Ultimate
    Tires: Vittoria Open Corsa
    Stem: Ritchey WCS Carbon Matrix
    Handlebar: Ritchey Superlogic EvoCurve
    Seat Post: 3T team
    Weight as ridden, no water: 15.5 w/ Garmin800 & K-edge

Other projects I have going,
    Aluminum Scattante frame w/ DA7900 budget racer build for crits & rain
    carbon tubular race wheels.

That’s a really nice looking bike.

IIRC the Felts have a very aggressive geometry, so congratulations for being able to ride without spacers.

I’m assuming you used the TRP brakes with different levers before. If that’s the case, did you feel a change?

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
    Participant

Thanks! I am really into the look of bikes with horizontal top tubes. I was lucky enough to find a frame set that hit all of my criteria from performance, looks, and fell into my budget at the time (which was the budget of an unemployed college student.)

It is a very aggressive geometry indeed. It’s a 56, and has a head tube closer to that of what you see on most 52′s. It took a little getting use to as my bike before it had very lax geometry. I have a zero stack headset and still a 10mm spacer, so I can go lower.

As far as the brake levers, I used Ultegra Di2 prior. I did not notice any change between the UDi2 and the DA9k, both pulls felt nearly identical to me. I have been very happy with the brakes, though I do second guess my choice of white over the black ones, but it was due to me being anxious and not wanting to wait for the black ones to come back in stock.

Participant

Updated: New saddle and seatpost.
    WCS Carbon UD 0offset 1 bolt
    WCS Carbon Stream

now all matching Ritchey carbon parts on my felt. My DA 7900 Scattante “budget” bike is almost done. Also went full Ritchey, but WCS alloy parts rather than the carbon. All it needs are some DA7900 cranks and it will be complete.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)