Skip to content

ENVE 8.9 Clinchers on Tune Hubs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Keymaster

ENVE 8.9 Clincher Wheelset

These rims aren’t new but with their limited availability not many of them have been seen so I thought I’d share these.  They’re the 8.9 rims laced up into our Tune Mig/Mag hubs using Sapim’s CX Ray spokes.  I’ve always been a fan of deep wheels, being 180 lbs and 6’2″ I had to give up being fast up mountains a bit ago, and wouldn’t mind a set for myself soon.  Either with Tune hubs or maybe a DT-Swiss build.  Final weight was 1665g.

I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.

They do look cool.

Do you still have those and could you maybe take some pics with different tires on them? Just to see the overall profile. Would be really curious to see them with the Bontrager TT tires that have those wings on ‘em.

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
    Keymaster

We have another pair here at the warehouse but I don’t think we have those tires anywhere. I’d be interested if ENVE did any wind tunnel testing with that tire too.

I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.

That’s a Mig 70 and Mag 170 right?

Do you have weights for each wheel?

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
    Participant

Naughty. Radial spokes on the NDS of the Mag170 is strictly forbidden by Tune themselves, and states so on their website.

Will Fairwheel bikes therefore be taking over the warranty on the Tune hubs in case of flange cracking, considering they are laced against manufacturer instructions?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)