Skip to content

ENVE 25 Clincher Wheelsets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Keymaster

ENVE 25 Clincher Wheelset

We’ve received our first shipment of ENVE 25 clinchers. The rims weigh in slightly over 400 grams at an average of 406. The brake track and sidewall are thick and look up to the task of dissipating heat during long descents. The ERD is slightly smaller at 601mm and shows the ground up redesign ENVE went through.

Complete Wheels

We’ve built two wheelsets so far and the weights are respectful and show the effort ENVE went through to maintain reliability and performance.  The first wheelset was built with Sapim CX-Ray spokes and  Tune Mig 70 / Mag 170 hubs which weighed in at 1278g.  The second was very similar but with a Mig 45 hub and came in at 1248g.

I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.
    Participant

It will be interesting to see how these hold up. I know 2 guys that have had the comparable Reynolds version of these rims (shallow carbon clinchers) that had rim delaminations & tire blowout occur towards the end of a high speed descent. Bad crashes. The guys at Enve surely put a lot of thought into this new design though.

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

Can you give us a ballpark figure on cost?

Keymaster

Can you give us a ballpark figure on cost?

The rim price is $875. The wheelset is about $2515.

I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)