Skip to content

EE/Pacenti crank cancelled

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Keymaster

When we look at the history of the EE crank we have to start to wonder if the entire project has somehow had a curse on it from the beginning. The crank has been repeatedly delayed due to odd circumstances, everything from stolen materials to eye cancer have played a role in delaying the crank. A year ago an agreement was reached to have Pacenti take over manufacturing in hopes of bringing it to market quicker. As of this morning, Pacenti has officially stopped the project with this announcement:

After nearly 12 months of continued development and testing, Pacenti Cycle Design has decided not to pursue the high end crank market with the EE Cycleworks crank design. “I believe the EE crank has an industry leading design concept, and no other crank comes close to the EE’s stiffness to weight ratio. But the EE crank requires more resources than I am able to commit to the project at this time. Simply put, I’ve never done anything half way and I don’t intend to start now. Craig’s design is fantastic, and it needs to be done right. ” -Kirk Pacenti

Participant

That’s not good news at all.

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

The announcement says that Pacenti has canceled it, but is there any prospect that it could yet live under EE Cycleworks, perhaps to include the possibility of some other deal being worked out?

Or will the EE crank do down in the annals of vaporcranks, joining such illustrious company as the original (alu) ZeroG crank and the M5 crank (I lost track of how many times they were weeks from production)?

Keymaster

Pacenti has decided they don’t have the time to devote to it, but that doesn’t mean it’s dead, but I can’t say more at this point.

Participant

Well, I guess madcow can’t tell us more about any potential new partnership.

Per http://www.bicycleretailer.com/product-tech/2013/09/12/ee-cycleworks-looking-partner-make-crank#.UjIKgz9BLfg , “We will be re-evaluating the EE crank relative to the current competitive crank offerings as well as what might be the next step in bringing it to market. We are open to the prospect of a new partnership,” Edwards said.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  HammerTime.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  HammerTime.
    Participant

Simply put, I’ve never done anything half way and I don’t intend to start now.

well, I would bet this is quite half way. Although the cranks might be awesome. I bet the guys at rotor could replicate them easily. Also the new cranks from Ciamillo, with carbon tubes, seems a step forward of these, right?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)