Skip to content

compression fitting for KCNC pump head?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Participant

I purchased a KCNC pump head from you back when you had them in stock. I now have a Lezyne pump with which I would like to use it. First of all, would I be better off having a new hose made, or is the Lezyne hose easily adapted? If the latter, what kind of compression fitting do I need to adapt the hose to the KCNC head?

Best,
    David

I’m using that head with a topeak pump and that was super straight forward. I unscrewed the old head, took it off, put on the KCNC one, screwed it tight and voila. Did you use the pump head before and how’s your Lezyne hose different ot the old one?

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
    Participant

No, I had not used it before. My last pump was a Blackburn whose hose was a proprietary size. The Lezyne has a head that looks like it might screw off with a piece that screws inside the end. It isn’t a compression fitting with a male piece over the olive, which is what the KCNC looks like it requires. So that I’m not potentially left without a pump while I have something apart, I was hoping to find out exactly what I would require before I disassembled it.

Best,
    David

I’ll need to double check when I get home, but I’m 99% sure I just shoved the KCNC head into the hose and it worked fine. I definetly don’t remember a male piece.

Of course I bought mine quite a while ago, so I don’t know if KCNC changed anything.

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
    Participant

Ah. KCNC makes two different heads. One is designed to work with a compressor hose and hose clamp, and that one just has a thickened area on the stem. It sounds like what you have. The other is designed to work with a floor pump, and it has what appears to be the female part of some kind of compression fitting. That is what I have. I think I will go to a hose shop this weekend.

Best,
    David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)