Skip to content

Cervelo P3C Fixie Project

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    Participant

So, I am tired of looking at this frame sitting on the trainer and decided to make it a fixed gear bike. I hope it will be light . Here is the before picture.

I have stripped the frame of components and bought some wheels but need a few things before I can ride it. I can’t wait.

Ilcappellino.blogspot.com
    Participant

I used to have one of those bikes. I miss it…

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

Would like to see more

Participant

A few teaser pics. I chose a 53-18 gear(it seems to be about right but I have a 20 on the freewheel side just in case) and have some Zipp drop bars on the way but it is mostly done. Need to sort out braking with the drops, looking for some old school levers to complete it. Riding it has been a blast. Fixed gearing really tunes you into the bike and makes you think a bit more on the bike. It also makes going downhill hurt. A lot! Didn’t realize how much I coasted before now. I did a 20 mile ride to the coffee shop and was having problems walking when I got home. Not sure if it was the distance or the 11% grade on the way up to my house. Anyway, when I get all the parts I will post final pics but here are some to keep you guys occupied.

Participant

looks kinda interesting :)

sub4 i´m on my way
    Participant

Your current 79″ gear isn’t huge, it is a bit bigger than I’d normally run for a fixed gear road bike.

The 72″ you’d get with the 20t rear cog would be much easier on the legs overall, though you will have to spin even more on any down hill section

Participant

How much does it weigh? looks really sharp i love it :)

Participant

Right now 16 lbs 7 oz or about 7450 grams. Have some parts on the way, Zipp Vuka Sprint and different levers so that may increase the weight a bit. The rear wheel is insanely heavy so may look into upgading from aluminum to carbon when I get some money. Just tuned a Kit Carbonio Flow to 102 grams to put on it. If anyones interested in getting a seat tuned, contact me at sellabicituning at gmaildotcom.

Participant

How do you like the ride of it?

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    Participant

It rides great. Really smooth, the cowhorns make you sit up a bit but that should be remedied when I get the Vuka Sprints. Trying my hand at trackstands and pedaling ALL THE TIME really gives me a new appreciation for riding the bike. Its a blast to ride, I highly reccommend a single speed or fixed gear if your considering it and on the fence and you can set one up relatively cheap $100-$300 if you search around for parts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)