Skip to content

2013 Rim Roundup

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
    Keymaster

Yeah, they’re tubeless friendly. The bead is shaped a bit different and is slightly larger diameter. When we wrote the rim review we were planning on getting them made in silver. I just went and fixed that. Thanks!

I run the Facebook Page, Twitter Account and write code the rest of the day.
    Christian Bratina

Blueride #: What tire was on the rim?

Rems

Could you provide the spoke bed thickness for the xr279?

I am interested in this rim for a light-ish tandem wheelset and hope to be able to built at a rather high spoke tension (+/- 1300N/m)to ensure solidity and stiffness.

I want to avoid spokes puling through he rim as it often happens with the Rolf Prima tandem set — hence the quest for a thicker spoke bed.

Thanks

irvin Tremblay

I want to buy tubless ready carbon road wheels. Is the bead on velocity and or Hutchinson R/T andy different?

Would I be just as well off to cnvrt my Hyperon and or Bulletts to tubeless and would this be safe

Participant

Why does it say only 32 holes for the Open Pro? Any others available in 36 holes?

Participant

Stan’s Alpha 340 rims v.1(bad) vs. v.2(bettr);
    How does one tell which one’s which without handling in-person/by ordering?
    I mean how do i know im getting the better v.2?
    Thx

"Vive la preparation de l'equipement!"
    Participant

Stan’s Alpha 340 rims v.1(bad) vs. v.2(bettr);
    How does one tell which one’s which without handling in-person/by ordering?
    I mean how do i know im getting the better v.2?
    Thx

"Vive la preparation de l'equipement!"
    Participant

“If purchased as a replacement rim for a set of 101’s the rim will set you back quite a bit. My opinion is that this is the crossover where one should consider carbon alternatives.”

apart from ENVE and non-branded Chinese rims, what carbon alternatives are there close to this sort of price range? or any price range up to that of ENVEs for that matter??
    Im looking for carbon tubular rims now that are sold as a rim only seem hard to find.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)