Skip to content

Reply To: AICAN Bungarus Superlight.

Participant

I’ve been running the Bungarus SL on my Cannondale SuperSix for about 6 months with Ultegra 6700 (now 6800 brakes) and have been mightily impressed by the performance (compared to Nokon and Alligator i-Link). It was really easy to install, including the “fully” sealed option, although it took a few rides to settle in. I also made sure the rear derailleur loop was long enough to avoid any tight bending (there was no problem with cables exitting the levers prior to bar tape). Every cable has been adjusted so none of the four touches another except on the bumpiest of roads. It’s really easy to add or subtract a section provided there’s enough cable inner. The only negative is the use of clear tubing as bumpers, because they fill with brake/road dust and are hard to clean in place. I’m looking for some suitable black tube.

If I get two years (25,000kms) out of the outers, I’d be delighted. One year is all I’d expect from the inners. Unless something more exciting comes on the market, I’ll be reinstalling AICAN Bungarus in about 18 months. Probably even the same colour!